That’s right I said it – break the resolution! Being on a gluten-free diet is enough of a resolution if you ask me, and that is why I’m posting this anti-resolution recipe. It’s easy and delicious so go ahead and make one last treat for yourself. Trust me these caramel peanut balls dipped in chocolate are enough of a reason to.
Per Eagle Brand the recipe is simple with only 4 ingredients:
- 3 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound chocolate morsels
- Combine peanuts, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a heavy saucepan
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until mixture forms ball around spoon and pulls away for side of pan.
- Cool 10 minutes then shape into 1-in balls
- Melt chocolate morsels in a small heavy saucepan over low heat.
- With a wooden toothpick, dip each ball into melted chocolate, covering half of ball.
- Place on wax paper and let cool until firm