Sautéed vidalia onions perfectly diced, thinly sliced beef mixed in and fried, all bound by melted american cheese. This is a gluten-free dinner none other than the Philadelphia classic – a cheesesteak. No I didn’t have to order it ‘wit’ or ‘wit-out’, but I did enjoy it MORE than you would a Pat’s or Geno’s cheeseteak in South Philly.
Though I try to recreate meals that most take for granted, this one fell through the cracks. Fortunately for me, I can bounce ideas around with another great chef 🙂 Tired of the same old? This is actually a quick dinner.
– Vidalia onion – diced
– Steakk-umm (gluten-free)
– Schar rolls ( I used the gluten-free classic white)
– Ore Ida Zesties (gluten-free)
- Cook Ore ida fries according to package (roughly 20 minutes or until desired crispiness is reach)
- Dice the onion and Sauté (roughly 5 minutes).
- Add in your steak-umm and cook thoroughly.
- Add cheese and let melt
- Bind with your cheese of preference
- Toast your bun
- Plate and add a nice helping of ketchup