Previously I did a ‘Back to Basics’ post to help those learn how to get started on a gluten-free diet. Now is your chance to see how much you remembered!
1. Which of the following is considered a ‘safe’ grain?
2. Which of the following is not considered a ‘safe’ grain?
3. Do all gluten-free products state ‘gluten-free’ on the package?
4. Are Oats safe to eat?
5. You read the list of ingredients on a product but don’t know if it is safe. You should:
A. Call the company
B. Go on the company website
C. Go to a trusted 3rd party website
D. All of the above
If you would like to read up on the above topics go here to my previous post regarding this information.
1. A. Buckwheat
2. C. Barley
3. B. No
4. C. Maybe. This was a trick question that I did not fully cover. Oats are controversial due to the cross contamination. Even in dedicated fields, some diagnosed with celiac disease cannot tolerate oats. Go here to read the article.
5. D. All of the above